The purpose of the Interest Group for Applied Organisational Neuroscience is to create an awareness of the nature, role and significance of studying and applying neuroscientific research findings to the field of IOP; and to create opportunities for SIOPSA members and South African organisations to become informed and to gain competence in this field.
The Interest Group was initiated by Prof Dirk Geldenhuys in 2015.
➢ to act as a community of learning and practice for applied neuro-sciences adopting a science-practitioner stance
➢ to provide opportunities for SIOPSA members (and other interested IOP consultants) to study, practice and share research findings in applied organisational neuroscience.
➢ to present academic and theoretical conferences, practical workshops and discussion forums toward the development of thought leadership in this field.
JOINING THE CONVERSATION
- Becoming a member of the AONS interest group is a great way to learn more about Applied Organisational Neuroscience within the community of I/O Psychologists and Neuroscientists and related professional groups.
- To join, the conversation contact us at IGSIOPSA@gmail.com
INTEREST GROUP FOR APPLIED ORGANISATIONAL NEUROSCIENCE
REVISITING THE SCOREBOARD…ACHIEVEMENTS TO DATE
- Introduced Branch Events on Organisational Neuroscience.
- Attended and Presented at the International Conference of Neuro-Psychotherapy in Brisbane and Melbourne
- Collaborated with the International Association of Clinical Neuropsychotherapy, International Association of Applied Neuroscience and Mediros.
- Linked up with other similar organisations /associations / institutes in South Africa and abroad such as the NeuroLeadership Institute, and Neurozone.
- Facilitated various Workshops at SIOPSA conferences on Applied Neuroscience. Including sessions on Growth Mindset with Neuroleadership Institute, Attention Deficit with the ADD Lab, Neuroscience based Diagnostics with Neurozone Pty LTD.
- Breakfast sessions: A case for facilitating basic human needs
SIX TARGETS for 2019/2020 and beyond
- Growing the membership base of the Interest Group through social media
- Crafting an IOP code of best practice for Applied Organisational Neuroscience
- Hosting an Applied Organisational Neuroscience Seminar in 2020 – to broaden the scope and depth of practice
- Collaboration with the SIOPSA branch footprint in presenting and publishing on “Neuro-myths in IOP”
- Presenting an AONS one day workshop at the annual SIOPSA conference in 2020 to equip IOPs in understanding the application of neuroscience in IOP.
- Develop SIOPSA Academy certified short courses in Applied Organisational Neuroscience.