ISCP International Centre for Coaching Psychology Research.
The IGCCP have been approached by the ISCP to nominate a representative to join the International Advisory Board for the ISCP International Centre for Coaching Psychology Research.
- The ISCP International Centre for Coaching Psychology Research has been launched by the International Society for Coaching Psychology to support international collaboration on different aspects of coaching psychology research. This includes the dissemination of research through publications, meetings, conferences and symposium.
- The International Centre for Coaching Psychology Research is also setting up ISCP Research Hubs in order to bring together their members with an interest or passion about research. The Research Hubs can hold virtual meetings using skype or VSee and invite researchers to discuss their most recent research papers. The first hub, is the ISCP Cambridge Research Hub: http://www.iscpresearch.org/iscp-research-hubs/iscp-cambridge-research-hub/
- Legal status: The ISCP International Centre for Coaching Psychology Research is a research faculty of the International Society for Coaching Psychology (ISCP). The International Centre is resourced and financed by the ISCP. Professional bodies that have an MOU with the ISCP can nominate a representative to the research centre's International Advisory Board. (A new MOU is not necessary as this comes under the original MOUs with the ISCP.)
We are pleased to announce that the IGCCP has selected Aletta Odendaal to represent SIOPSA’s Coaching interests at this international forum. This is an exciting new phase for the development of coaching psychology. Her intend is to utilise the international forum to start establishing research focus areas in coaching and coaching psychology that is internationally aligned with our open stakeholder engagement model as a principle. This will enable the IGCCP to pro-actively utilise research as a vehicle to grow the discipline further.
Aletta's role as spoken about by the Chairpoerson of ISCR:
- Honorary Vice President of ISCP together with Stephen Palmer since the inception of the ISCP. She will also now be an Honorary Research Fellow of the Research Centre for the duration of her role as well.
- Her entry is now on the website: http://www.iscpresearch.org/international-advisory-board/ together with well-known researchers in the field.
We wish Aletta all the best in this nomination!