Keynote Speaker Announcement
Professor Matthijs Bal
SIOPSA in partnership with the University of Johannesburg is proud to announce the 1st keynote speaker at SIOPSA 4.0_ Embracing the 4th Industrial revolution- the IOP way. On Tuesday, 23 July 2019, Professor Matthijs Bal will deliver a keynote address on Reinventing the world of Work Psychology followed by a two-hour power session on the same topic.
This workshop will deal with how we as academics and practitioners can actively shape the future of our field and contribute to a more sustainable future of work psychology, not only for ourselves but also for the people we work for and work with. Based on his work as an initiator of the Movement for the Future of Work and Organizational Psychology (WOP; www.futureofwop.com), Professor Bal will focus on this workshop on the following themes;
1) promoting reflexivity and critical research and practice in WOP,
2) promoting substantive – methodological synergy pluralism in methodology in WOP,
3) promoting healthy universities workplaces for healthy academics and individuals,
4) promoting equality in academia and practice
SIOPSA invites you to join this global conversation. The 4th Industrial Revolution not only impacts the world of Work but it is critical that we as a profession stay relevant to meet the demands.
In this workshop, Professor Bal will:
- Share the latest thinking on the future world of Work psychology
- Share the latest insights from the Movement for the Future of WOP, including outputs from the 2019 ‘Future of WOP Day’ held at EAWOP in Turin, Italy. Turin
- Engage you in participating to envision a sustainable future for our field.
- Collaborate with you in developing insights into how you could contribute to a more sustainable future in your own work and local context.