The COVID-19 outbreak, globally, forced us all into completely different circumstances within a very short time. SIOPSA acknowledge that our members are also faced with numerous new challenges, at home, at work and within your community.
We have put together this web page that contain documentation and videos that might assist you with planning your new work environment, providing support to the people around you and in general support the world wide effort to flatten the Corona virus curve and to save lives as far as possible.
The page will be updated with information from the South African Government Health Department and the World Health Organisation as well as from Industrial Psychology Related Sources.
Stay Safe and use the time at home wisely.
SIOPSA Communication regarding Corona
SIOPSA OFFICIAL STATEMENT ON CANCELLING OF EVENTS DUE TO COVID-19 Conference and the way forward
SIOPSA Message from the President on the LOCK-DOWN ANNOUNCEMENT
COVID19 SMME DEBT RELIEF STATEMENT BY SIOPSA PROFESSIONAL PRACTICE PORTFOLIO
SA Government Corona Virus Information Hub
STOP Fake News Anyone that creates or spreads fake news about the Coronavirus COVID-19 is liable for prosecution. Verify the information before you share information. This link identifies all the fake news currently circulating on social media.
HPCSA Covid-19 Support material
- Infographics – State of National Disaster Regulations
- Facts about Coronavirus (in all official languages)
- Posters – preventing spread of COVID-19
- Infographics – prevention, privacy and stigma
- Infographics – Stay healthy while travelling
- Infographics – Myth busters
- Infographics – Food safety during outbreaks
Webinars, You Tube videos and Presentations
- How to remain effective working from home. Presentation and Webinar on YouTube by Phiona Martin, Industrial Psychologist and Career Coach
- Debbie Mtshelwane, Programme leader: Human Resource Management from University of North West, Department Economic and Management Sciences, interviewed local people from JB Marks Municipality to find out how informed they are about COVID-19.
- This lively RSA Animate, adapted from Dan Pink’s talk at the RSA, illustrates the hidden truths behind what really motivates us at home and in the workplace.
- Corona Virus easy aid UIF
- Compensation Fund – Occupational Acquired Coronavirus (claim procedures)
- Health and Safety Guidelines – Workplace Preparedness: COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-19 virus) by the Department of Employment and Labour
- Compensation Fund – Notice ROE & New Medical Tariffs
- CORONA VIRUS – A PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR EMPLOYERS
- CCMA – URGENT DIRECTIVE IN RESPECT TO THE RESPONSE OF COVID-19
SAMLA support for health care practitioners during COVID-19 pandemic
For your office:
Automatic email response during covid-19 outbreak
Best Practice Guidelines for working from home and to remain efficient with team members also working from home.
Letter of consent for online consulting for practitioners in clinical practice