2022 SIOPSA Conference Speaker Information Page
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, concerned citizens can change the world. Indeed it is the only thing that ever has.
– Margaret Mead “
Download the speaker info brochure.
We look forward to your presentation at the Virtual 24th annual SIOPSA Conference – Industrial Psychology as a force for good.
This guide will provide you with all the information you need to know as a speaker.
How will the conference work?
The 24th Annual SIOPSA Conference will be hosted virtually on the Whova platform.
All sessions will be presented live and recorded via the Whova platform. The recordings will then be uploaded after the conference and will be accessible for 60 days post-conference. This allows delegates and speakers who were unable to view certain sessions during the conference timeslots to catch up on the content.
Please note that no Zoom links will be provided (all speakers will need to access their session through Whova). Each session will have a session chair and two technical assistants to provide support.
- Complete the compulsory booking form by 6 July 2022
- Use the correct PowerPoint and Zoom background according to abstract type
- Submit a pre-recording by 6 July 2022
- Ensure your presentation stays within the time limit
- Download Whova and ensure your profile is set up
Time allocation of presentation
Each session is allocated a 40-minute live presentation, followed by a 10 to 15 minute Q&A. All presentations must be finished 5 minutes before the allotted time to allow the technical assistants to prepare for the next session.
We have provided you with Powerpoint slides and a Zoom background that must be used. Please select the applicable type of session and download the relevant material for your type of session (see the five options below).
We have included one slide that specifically speaks to the conference theme; “How does this presentation contribute to Industrial Psychology being viewed as a force for the greater good” – please ensure that you address this question within your presentation.
- Case study:
- Research Presentation:
- Master Tutorial:
- Panel discussion:
Due to the uncertainty of technology and load shedding, we would like to offer you an opportunity to submit a pre-recorded version of your presentation. If you require assistance, our team will gladly set up a date and time to assist you in this regard. Should you wish not to submit a pre-recording of your session, please still provide us with your Powerpoint slides to upload to Whova.
Tips for recording:
- Stable internet connection (Test your internet speed, we recommend an Internet connection download speed of at least 2.5Mbps)
- Good quality recording devices
- Well-positioned camera
- Good lighting is important. Avoid bright lights and windows behind you. Good light in front of you (on your face) will provide for a better image. Have the brightest source of light facing you, so you are visible.
- Ensure your microphone, headphone or speakerphone is near you and mute your microphone when not speaking.
- Have a backup internet source available in case of a power outage or internet connection failure
Please submit your pre-recordings and PowerPoint slides by the 6th of July 2022 to Kirstie Vosloo at Abstracts@siopsa.org.za
Should you wish not to submit a pre-recording of your session, please still provide us with your Powerpoint slides to upload to Whova.
Live presentation on the day of conference
- Please join your session 10 to 5 minutes before the start time
- Each session will have an assigned session chair and two technical assistants
- The technical assistants will ensure that you are added to your session before it goes live. This allows you time to check that your presentation works, you have the correct zoom background and your microphone is working correctly.
- The technical assistants will then let all the delegates into your session and will start recording.
- The session chair will then introduce you and your topic title, the speaker then can provide more of an introduction on themselves if they wish.
- When presenting you will share your screen with the delegates.
- A question and answer session will follow. The session chair will monitor the chat for questions and then facilitate the Q&A
Conference Booking information
As a speaker you will be given one complimentary day of access to the conference, should you wish to attend. The two other days of the conference you will be charged accordingly.
Even if you are attending just the one day or wish to book for two other days, please click on the booking link here: Registration and Billing
Registrations close: 6 July 2022
Navigating the WHOVA platform
Only registered speakers will have access to Whova (complete booking form). You must create an account or log into Whova using the same email address you used to register for the conference.
The Whova app can be downloaded from these various platforms:
|Google Play||Apple store||Web browser|
To learn more about Whova: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IKTYK8ZS9g
View the Speaker information session held 29 June 2022 here
Should you have any questions please feel free to contact either:
Kirstie Vosloo Abstracts@siopsa.org.za
Petrus Nel email@example.com
Download the speaker info brochure.
We look forward to seeing you all virtually. Happy conferencing!