As a SIOPSA member, you will have access to a number of benefits, including:
Being part of a network of like-minded members in the IOP profession
Reduced annual conference fees
Access SIOPSA Interest groups
SIOPSA Interest Groups are the main arteries ensuring that the whole body is well looked after from both an intellectual and practical, experiential viewpoint.
It is in the Interest Groups, where thought leadership is the order of the day, which members can really drill down into a particular field and engage in a meaningful way while remaining at the forefront of trends and new developments.
- Interest Group in the Systems Psychodynamics of Organisations (IGSPO)
- International Association of Cross-Cultural Psychology (IACCP)
- Interest Group People Assessment in Industry (PAI)
- Chair: Interest Group Coaching & Consulting Psychology (IGCCPSA)
- Interest Group for Psychometry Professionals (new)
- Interest group for Positive Organisational Psychology (IGPOP)
- Interest Group for Applied Neuroscience (IGANS)
- Psycho-Legal Interest Group
- Interest Group for Transformation
The SIOPSA Academy builds on existing learning from tertiary institutions, the internship programme and CPD offerings to enhance and elevate IOP as a profession by sharing knowledge.
Local and International partnerships
- British Psychological Society’s Division of Organisational Psychology;
- MOU with Botswana Association for Psychology (BAPSY)
- European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology;
- Division of I-O Psychology of the Hong Kong Psychological Society (Ltd);
- Psychological Association of Mozambique;
- International Society for Coaching Psychology;
- Section of the Psychology of Organisations and Work of the Col·legi Oficial de Psicòlegs de Catalunya; and
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) in America.
Our MOU with SIOP, in particular, offers a number of benefits for our members. Join SIOPSA now to qualify for a 50% reduced SIOP affiliate membership fee and 75% reduced SIOP student membership fee.
SIOPSA’s Corporate Membershipoffering also promises to enrich our corporate as well as individual members.
Continual professional development
No ‘hidden costs’. No ‘time off work’. You can complete these activities, at your desk during your lunch!! What other Society provides you with such great value?
- 8 x 3 (Clinical) CEU/CPDsactivities via SAJIP articles per year per member.
- 1 x 6 Ethics CEU/CPDsactivities via SAJIP articles per year per member.
- The CPD certificates will be issued under the eCPD Healthcare Accreditation number.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) accreditor
SIOPSA is now able to accredit CPD-related events for continuing education units, we can further lighten the HPCSA’s burden – and that of the sector – by performing the relevant accreditation, administration and compliance monitoring tasks.
Professional indemnity insurance at a very competitive rate.
Professional indemnity insurance is a legislative requirement, and not just a ‘nice to have’? Professional indemnity insurance has become mandatory and was both Gazetted and promulgated as law in 2004.
SIOPSA has negotiated an option for you with Accu-Prof, underwritten by Hollard Insurance for Professional Indemnity Insurance.
This particular arrangement is only applicable for fully paid-up SIOPSA members.
Contact: Herman van Zyl to find out more:
Tel: 012 345 5015 or 082 471 0407
SIOPSA does not endorse any particular commercial service provider. It is your responsibility alone to research the option that is most suitable for your requirements
- Stay up to date with IOP through our newsletters and updates via (website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and enjoy a culture of consistency in excellence through, for example, standardisation.
- If you are a student member, you benefit from all of the above including:
- The opportunity to have your membership paid in fullby the Professional Provident Society (PPS);
- Practical training opportunities for emerging IO psychologists; andSupport with, among others, skills training, internships, registration at the HPCSA and workplace opportunities.