As a SIOPSA member, you will have access to a number of benefits, including:
Being part of a network of like-minded members in the IOP profession
Take advantage of reduced rates for SIOPSA Academy events and skills training, regional events, interest group events and other CPD events
Reduced annual conference fees
This peer-reviewed 3-day conference includes several workshops, typically two international key note speakers, South African key note speakers and around 40-50 papers from South African and African IO psychologists, networking opportunity, learning about science and practice, academic research applied in practice, exhibitors and networking with service providers.
Access SIOPSA Interest groups
Learn from, connect and contribute to the body of Industrial and Organisational Psychology (IOP) knowledge and best practice methodologies:
SIOPSA Interest Groups are the main arteries ensuring that the whole body is well looked after from both an intellectual and practical, experiential viewpoint.
It is in the Interest Groups, where thought leadership is the order of the day, which members can really drill down into a particular field and engage in a meaningful way while remaining at the forefront of trends and new developments.
- Interest Group in the Systems Psychodynamics of Organisations (IGSPO)
- International Association of Cross-Cultural Psychology (IACCP)
- Interest Group People Assessment in Industry (PAI)
- Chair: Interest Group Coaching & Consulting Psychology (IGCCPSA)
- Interest Group for Psychometry Professionals (new)
- Interest group for Positive Organisational Psychology (IGPOP)
- Interest Group for Applied Neuroscience (IGANS)
- Psycho-Legal Interest Group
- Interest Group for Transformation
Keep a look-out for networking and dialogue opportunities offered by the SIOPSA Academy. This platform is a mechanism for knowledge brokering in a virtual, not-for-profit organisation with many diverse members spread across the country. It creates and leverages platforms and partner with like-minded individuals and organisations to facilitate the sharing of scientific and practice-orientated knowledge as well as best-practice know how.
The SIOPSA Academy builds on existing learning from tertiary institutions, the internship programme and CPD offerings to enhance and elevate IOP as a profession by sharing knowledge.
Local and International partnerships
Collaborate with, learn from and share your expertise during opportunities created through our Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) and Corporate Membership offering. SIOPSA currently has MOUs with the:
- British Psychological Society’s Division of Organisational Psychology;
- MOU with Botswana Association for Psychology (BAPSY)
- European Association of Work and Organizational Psychology;
- Division of I-O Psychology of the Hong Kong Psychological Society (Ltd);
- Psychological Association of Mozambique;
- International Society for Coaching Psychology;
- Section of the Psychology of Organisations and Work of the Col·legi Oficial de Psicòlegs de Catalunya; and
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology (SIOP) in America.
Our MOU with SIOP, in particular, offers a number of benefits for our members. Join SIOPSA now to qualify for a 50% reduced SIOP affiliate membership fee and 75% reduced SIOP student membership fee.
SIOPSA’s Corporate Membershipoffering also promises to enrich our corporate as well as individual members.
Continual professional development
Access our free eCPD activities. With our extended relationship with OASIS, all SIOPSA Members(with the exclusion of non-paying guests and students), are able to complete eCPD/eCEU activities which totals 30 CEU/CPD points. By implication, all paid up and new members of the society will now be able to obtain all the 24 Clinical and 6 Ethical CEUs required by the Board at no additional cost.
No ‘hidden costs’. No ‘time off work’. You can complete these activities, at your desk during your lunch!! What other Society provides you with such great value?
- 8 x 3 (Clinical) CEU/CPDsactivities via SAJIP articles per year per member.
- 1 x 6 Ethics CEU/CPDsactivities via SAJIP articles per year per member.
- The CPD certificates will be issued under the eCPD Healthcare Accreditation number.
Continuous Professional Development (CPD) accreditor
The Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) awarded SIOPSA CPD accreditor status in the field of Industrial and Organisational (IO) Psychology and psychometry.
SIOPSA is now able to accredit CPD-related events for continuing education units, we can further lighten the HPCSA’s burden – and that of the sector – by performing the relevant accreditation, administration and compliance monitoring tasks.
Professional indemnity insurance at a very competitive rate.
As a professional society we are obliged to inform and educate our members.
Professional indemnity insurance is a legislative requirement, and not just a ‘nice to have’? Professional indemnity insurance has become mandatory and was both Gazetted and promulgated as law in 2004.
SIOPSA has negotiated an option for you with Accu-Prof, underwritten by Hollard Insurance for Professional Indemnity Insurance.
This particular arrangement is only applicable for fully paid-up SIOPSA members.
Contact: Herman van Zyl to find out more:
Tel: 012 345 5015 or 082 471 0407
SIOPSA does not endorse any particular commercial service provider. It is your responsibility alone to research the option that is most suitable for your requirements
- Stay up to date with IOP through our newsletters and updates via (website, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube and enjoy a culture of consistency in excellence through, for example, standardisation.
- If you are a student member, you benefit from all of the above including:
- The opportunity to have your membership paid in fullby the Professional Provident Society (PPS);
- Practical training opportunities for emerging IO psychologists; andSupport with, among others, skills training, internships, registration at the HPCSA and workplace opportunities.